propose a final project
that integrates the range of units covered, answering:
- what will it do?
- who’s done what beforehand?
- what materials and components will be required?
- where will they come from?
- how much will it cost?
- what parts and systems will be made?
- what processes will be used?
- what tasks need to be completed?
- what questions need to be answered?
- what is the schedule?
how will it be evaluated?
projects can be separate or joint, but need to show individual mastery
of the skills covered
where possible, you should make rather than buy the parts of your project
My final project is making a theremin-like instrument.
You can play a song with your hand but without touching anything. It’s like touchless instrument.
- ATTiny 45 chip
- Ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04
- RES 10.0K OHM 1206 SMD
- CAP CER 1UF 1206
- Dupont Line
- Arduino IDE
- New Ping Library for Arduino IDE
- Maximillian / ofxMaxim addon for OpenFrameworks
- 3D Printing PLA connection parts
- Local electronic vender
- wood suply
- Inventory from our fablab
|Attiny 45||1||$ 2|
|RES 10.0K OHM 1206 SMD||2||$ 0.1|
|CAP CER 1UF 1206||1||$ 0.1|
|Dupont Line||5||$ 0.1|
|3D Printing PLA||1||$1|
- the circut
- the program
- the box
- Project plan (Week1, Week17)
- Design the circut (Week6 - Electronics Design)
- Make the PCB (Week4 - Electronic Production)
- Make the circut (Week8 - Embedded Programming, Week11 - Input Devices, Week13 - Output Devices, Week15 - Networking and Communications)
- Test the instrument (Week16 - Interface and Application Programming)
- Design the housing (Week2 - CAD, Week9 - Mechanical Design, Week10 - Machine Design)
- Make the housing (Week3 - Computer-controlled cutting, Week7 - Computer-controlled machining)
- Design and make other components (Week5 - 3D scanning and printing, Week12 - Casting and Molding, Week14 - Composites)
- Assembly and test
- study theremin principls
- design schematic in eagle
- design board in eagle
- buy components
- mill the borad
- test input & output part
- design housing parts
- making housing parts
- theremin’s principl
- how the circut works
- how to program input and output
- study theremin principls (6.9-6.11)
- design schematic in eagle (6.12)
- design board in eagle (6.13)
- buy components (6.15)
- mill the borad (6.18)
- soldering (6.18)
- coding (6.12-6.18)
- test input & output part (6.19)
- design housing parts (6.13-6.15)
- making housing parts (6.18-6.19)
- assemble (6.19)
- test (6.20-6.21)